Durum Wheat is planted in the spring and is harvested in July or August. It is a Premium Priced wheat used in pasta and bread production.
Priced Higher than Spring Wheat
Suggested Seeding Rate: 180 lbs/acre (1.8 million seeds/acre)
- High Yielding, but requires careful management.
- Guaranteed Market — Grown under contract for Howson Mills in Blyth, Ontario.
- Heavy test weight.
- White straw with excellent lodging resistance.
- Excellent Return for Grower compared to other spring wheats.
- Performs well on Clay, Clay Loam and Loam Soils.
- For more information CALL 1-888-733-9432