A variety honoring a legend!
Small seeded variety that has excellent yields for Southern Ontario – Named after the “C” in C&M Seeds – JD Cameron.
- Nitrogen Rates 150 – 200 lbs
- Sulphur Rates 18 – 30 lbs
(N+S rates dependent on stand assessment, crop rotation, soil type, background fertility, manure history)
- Split applied nitrogen key for protein production
- Can stand through some of the highest management programs, growers have a hard time putting it down!
- Excellent disease package
- Great tillering ability
JDC 78 has a great fit in the Area 1 geography (south of London) on multiple soil types. Keep it on higher fertility soils with good drainage. Keep it off droughty soils such as sand and gravel. If planting early, watch high seeding rates because this variety can produce lots of tillers and develop lots of top growth. Too many seeds in early planting can lead to lodging. The variety has a small seed size.