Hybrid Rye is the first Hybridized cereal available to Ontario Growers. It has IP opportunities and has significant yield advantage over traditional rye.
Hybrid Rye Varieties
Excellent Yield and Identity Preserved Opportunities.
- Delivers higher quality than traditional rye
- Preferred for milling and distilling market
- Stands very well
- Responds to higher management levels than traditional rye
- Very High Yielding
High Yielding - Great Stands - Hybrid Rye Rocks like Bono
- Bono has shown higher yields than Brasetto in western Canada – still testing yield in Eastern Canada
- Good lodging tolerance
- Tremendous tillering compared to traditional rye
- High Falling numbers (important for milling trade)
- Consistent seed sizing