C&M Seeds Current Employment Opportunities
Putting the customer at the centre of everything we do is essential to providing a high-quality and consistent customer experience across our network of more than 200 retail outlets. Through our leading new varieties, extensive research program and second to none knowledge of the wheat industry, C&M Seeds is continually growing so we are better able to respond to the changing expectations of Eastern Canadian Farmers
At C&M Seeds we know wheat. If you want to be on the leading edge of Wheat Innovation, while enjoying a fun and family oriented work atmosphere, then join our team!
Operations Manager (Full-time)
C&M Seeds is currently seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Operations Manager at our Palmerston (Ontario) location. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing the seed plant, and seed processing and packaging needs of the company to ultimately ensure an adequate supply of quality seed is available to meet company sales goals. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Essential job responsibilities include,
- Oversee and coordinate day-to-day activities of the seed plant
- Coordinate with Seed Production Manager and sales team to ensure availability for seasonal and daily product requirements
- Supervision of plant employees in planning work schedules, coaching performance and assessing labour needs
- Meet organizational safety requirements by leading safety effort in plant, including safety training of plant staff and job specific training
- Meet organizational requirements for company Quality Assurance Program including maintaining current SOP’s, documentation and training of staff
- Co-ordinate with Production Manager and seed growers to schedule deliveries into the seed plant for processing
- Oversee product quality control as it pertains to cleaning, grading and seed treatment of end product to meet company’s quality assurance program
- Oversee general site cleanliness to ensure inside and outside of premises are maintained in a professional and organized manner to promote and enhance the image of the company
- Oversee plant and plant equipment maintenance and purchase supplies
The ideal candidate shall
- Demonstrate leadership and team building skills and the ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Have understanding and experience with production scheduling, inventory management, equipment maintenance, operations records and expense control
- Demonstrate planning, organization, time management and problem-solving skills
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Possess a knowledge of seed and the seed industry
- Must be willing to work extended hours during peak seasons (fall and spring)
- Must be able to obtain various licenses, permits, certificates as required, eg: grader operator certificate, forklift license
- Must be able to be trained in C&M’s Health and Safety program, policies and procedures
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, AZ license would be an asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lb
Work and grow with a family owned and operated company. C & M Seeds is a family-run seed business with over 40 years experience in providing leading cereal genetics to growers in eastern Canada.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Please send resume by email or fax to:
Ellen Sparry – General Manager
C&M Seeds, 6180 5th Line, Palmerston, ON, N0G 2P0
Email: [email protected]