The Complete Package
Cruze seems to excel under both high management scenarios as well as in traditionally managed fields. Cruze combines the ability to achieve top yields when going to intensive management scenarios with the survival required to handle tougher soil conditions.
- Nitrogen Rates 110 – 135 lbs
- Sulphur Rates 12 – 18 lbs
(N+S rates dependent on stand assessment, crop rotation, soil type, background fertility, manure history)
- Excellent Fusarium and Stripe Rust tolerance
- Not as sensitive to heavy clay or poorly drained soils
- Can push higher seeding rates economically because of small seed size
- Excellent threshability with big straw volumes for a shorter variety
- Exceptional late season plant health
The London and south region has made Cruze an absolute market favourite there. Even though that’s where it excels most, this variety has proven itself to perform well in the rest of Ontario as well. From Palmerston to Hensall and right up to the Central Ontario 401 corridor, Cruze has performed along with the rest of the market leaders and excelled with strong disease tolerance.